Sunday, January 9, 2011

Best of 2010 Survey: Part One

Okay, I stole this survey from Maddy. Her blog is http://www.maddzslightlybookish.blogspot.com/

Books of 2010:

Best Book of 2010:
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Worst Book of 2010:
the House of Night series. They were full of smut without a good plot, unbelievable (and not in a good way) characters and basically a worse spin off other series about teenage vampire schools.

Most Dissapointing Book of 2010:  
Mockingjay. I absolutely loved the book, but I feel like it was ended way too quickly and not very much thought was put into the ending.
Most Surprising (in a good way) Book of 2010:
Impossible by Nancy Werlin

Book You Reccomended Most to People in 2010:
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

Best Series You Discovered in 2010:
Percy Jackson series, by far. I didn't think I'd love such an easy read, but I did. <3


Favorite New Authors You Discovered in 2010:
Brandon Sanderson
Anne McCaffery
Becca Fitzpatrick
Most Hilarious Read of 2010:
I don't read very many funny books, but both Spirit Bound and The Last Sacrifice in the Vampire Academy series were very witty.
Most Thrilling, Unputdownable Book of 2010:
The Children of Hurin by J.R. Tokien

Book You Most Anticipated in 2010:
Mockingjay and The Last Sacrifice


Favorite Cover of a Book You Read in 2010:


Most Memorable Character of 2010:
Dimitri from the Vampire Academy series.

Most Beautifully Written Book in 2010:
This didn't come out in 2010, but The Red Queen's Daughter by Jacqueline Kolosov

Book That Had the Greatest Impact On You in 2010:
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

Book You Can't Believe You Waited UNTIL 2010 to Read:
Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick 

2 comments:

  1. yayy, I get a link :D
    LOL
    Awesome survey--I agree with a bunch of things, mostly that I can't believe I waited until 2010 for Hush, Hush, which wasn't the *best* book in the world, but it was still good.
    Also, I know what I shall put on that for next year-the Mortal Instruments series. I read City of Bones last week--LOVED IT--and promptly rushed out to get City Of Ashes and City Of Glass :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the City of Bones series! I did the same thing when I discovered them. :) I can't wait for the next one in that series! After you finish City of Glass, read Clockwork Angel, which is the same world (and even same time frame) but different characters. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete