Thursday, February 10, 2011

REVIEW: the Iron King

The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa
The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) 
by Julie Kagawa (Goodreads Author)
2476054
Emily Rose Shallenberger's review 
Feb 07, 11  ·  edit

4 of 5 stars
status: Read from January 31 to February 05, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I've been hearing about them for quite some time now and I was visiting my parents for the weekend, I discovered my mom had checked them out from the library, so I read the first two. Though written for teenagers, this book has a very fresh take on faeries (or fey) and the different 'courts' were very realistic and fascinating. I loved the characters and the heroine was believable and easy to relate to for teenagers/young adults. The end of the book works very well as a stand alone, but I was glad that there was a second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment