Saturday, August 10, 2013

REVIEW: Looking For Alaska

Looking for Alaska by John Green

FIVE STARS

"I go to seek a Great Perhaps"

To say this book was moving is an understatement. This book acted more like an earthquake. I high regretted reading it at work because there was no way to stop the flow of tears that reading brought on several times throughout the novel. What an amazing story. These characters are tragic, beautiful, and inspirational. I borrowed it from a friend but I will definitely buy a copy for myself. This book has all of the tragedy of real life, and also highlights the fact that life goes on. If you have any doubts in your mind about reading this book, put them to rest. You will be a changed person when you finish it. 

I must note, however, that this book has some adult themes. Nothing explicit, but definitely some language and sexuality that I would be hesitant to have teenagers read. 

This is the first of John Green's books that I have read, and it certainly won't be the last. 

"How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

No comments:

Post a Comment