Thursday, August 23, 2012

REVIEW: The Golden Lily

First of all: Let me just say that the Vampire Academy series and now Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead reduces me back to being a screaming teen fan girl. I LOVE them. Just had to get that out of the way! Now, here's my review of The Golden Lily. :)


The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
 
by 
2476054
's review 
Jun 15, 12  ·  edit

4 of 5 stars false
Read on June 15, 2012 — I own a copy

Wow. What a cliffhanger! This companion series to Vampire Academy is definitely starting to live up to the expectations I had after falling in love with the world of Lissa, Rose and Dimitri. Richelle Mead really builds Sydney's character so much in this book and she is as interesting, if not more so, than any of the others. Looking at her human view of the vampire world is refreshing and interesting. The plot itself was fast paced and even though I was able to guess many of the plot twists before they were revealed, as a young adult novel, I am pleased with how this series is turning out. I'm not a huge fan of companion series as I usually find them to be lacking. But in The Golden Lily there is a healthy amount of the characters from the Vampire Academy series along with delving more deeply into minor characters and allowing growth in characters like Adrian, who had low expectations set upon him in all of the previous books and is now really living up to the sort of change I love to see in characters that makes the worlds of fiction and fantasy so much more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment