Thursday, August 29, 2013

REVIEW: The Hourglass Door

The Hourglass Door
by Lisa Mangum

My mom had heard good things about this book so we both checked out a copy from the library at the same time. I don't know yet what she thought about it, but I wasn't super impressed. The characters were fun, the romance was fine, but I just felt like everything had been done before until I got to the time machine. Now, THAT is a fun idea and I love the idea of Dante needing to spending equal amounts of time in the 'river' and on the 'bank' (in the real world and the world between time). What great concepts are outlined here. If only there had been more of that and less mediocre romance. I'll read the next one in hopes that it gets better. I hate leaving bad reviews and I'm sure there are those that absolutely LOVE this series, maybe it just isn't my thing. I don't know. Don't let my one review stop you from reading it if you were interested, but just be sure what you want is a fairly predictable young adult romance with some sci fi/fantasy elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment