Thursday, August 30, 2012

Throwback Thursday (1)

 
This weekly event is hosted by Take Me Away.

Hey there! Welcome to my first Throwback Thursday post!


Check it out on Goodreads.
Check it out on Goodreads.



This week I chose The Dalemark Quartet by Diana Wynne Jones. She has so many marvelous older YA fantasy novels, but this series was my favorite, especially the first book of the series, Cart and Cwidder (Closely followed by the fourth The Crown Of Dalemark.)





Check it out on Goodreads.
      
          Check it out on Goodreads


I read this series for the first time when I was 13, and have read it several times sense. Every time I read this series I like it even more. Each of the first three books tells a different story and the fourth brings them all together. Diana Wynne Jones did a fabulous job on this series. The characters are lovable but more importantly, relatable. Sometimes I want to punch them in the face, but that's an important quality in making a character more like a real person. People aren't perfect, so characters shouldn't be either.





Throwback Thursday is a weekly meme in which I spotlight a book from my past or one I've wanted to read, one that brings back memories, a classic or a book that not many people know about, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great. I'm always looking for new books for my kids to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic, and totally appropriate for younger readers! She has another series I love, the Chrestomanci series, that's also geared toward young readers and is an easier read than this one, as well. She has a lot of wonderful ones. I don't know if you go to the library or not-but I know Provo library has all of the them and I think Spanish Fork has a lot of them too!

      Delete